Data Project Manager
DataLab USA is an award winning database marketing company that focuses on optimizing multichannel marketing solutions. Through the use of data analytics, sourcing, processing, and digital services, DataLab USA effectively enables Fortune 500 companies to maximize their direct marketing investments.
The Data Project Manager serves as the liason between DataLab’s third party data supplier partners and the internal product development, data services, and analytical teams at DataLab. This role provides essential support to both partners and clients who are in contract with DataLab for database marketing services. This role requires a high level of problem solving and research skills to troubleshoot client challenges.
To be successful in this position you must have an aptitude for data management, technology and the ability to learn DataLab’s businesses and processes quickly, as well as a passion for excellent customer service, improving data processes, and recommending best marketing practices.
- Act as primary point of contact between supplier partners and DataLab’s product development, data services, and analytics teams. Responsible for communication via telephone, email, and online presentation tools. Respond in a timely manner to a wide variety of supplier partner inquiries
- Log, organize, and manage document workflow and develop and/or maintain related systems and files
- Professionally and diplomatically resolve difficult issues regarding partner or client concerns and other matters as necessary
- Manage resources by setting appropriate priorities, expectations, and delivery timelines
- Balance data partner requests or requirements against client priorities. Act as the internal subject matter expert for in-house data, associated business processes, and marketing campaign business and compliance rules
- Understand and interpret clients’ marketing campaign criteria and results, in particular as they relate to data attribute performance
- Analyze incoming supplier data and reports for anomalies and accuracy prior to client delivery
- Act as primary owner of all written documentation delivered to supplier partners
- Must have the ability to learn basic SQL skills
- Support some supplier partner billing and usage reporting
Two Components to this position:
1. Data/Information Management
- Liase between Data Services, Legal, and Production Teams
- Assign and/or track data ownership
- Track/Audit data usage
- Provide data flow for each data processing stream
- Diagram Data Services systems and processes
- Forecast data usage requirements
- Oversee BIA and risk review for Data Services
- File layout/Changes oversight
- File In/out ETL
- Define Test/Production QC standards
- ID Space/Resource needs/Forecasts
- Light application management
- 2-4 years prior client or partner facing experience in a technology or consumer information setting
- Experience in the consumer information and/or database marketing industries
- Logical thinker with excellent attention to detail, time management, multi-tasking, organization, documentation, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide advice and instruction to clients/users
- Ability to lead requirement discovery sessions with client, understand and document client business process flows, and provide advice and instruction to clients/users
- Strong aptitude for technology, and knowledge of SQL a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
To Apply for this position, please fill out the on-line application form.
DataLab USA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.